Betterment of Hunting and Fishing Resources
Leisure and Competitive Shooting Sports
Who We Are
Established in 1934, the Enfield Outing Club is a small community of outdoor enthusiasts dedicated to the American tradition of sportsmanship.
This not-for-profit club is the oldest civic organization in Enfield and the second oldest, continually operated club of its kind in New Hampshire.
Our membership includes individuals from all over the Upper Connecticut River Valley of New Hampshire and Vermont, as well as nearby states. Our diverse membership is our greatest asset bringing with them a broad array of backgrounds, experience and skill sets.
The EOC is a great place for sportsman education, target practice, and improving skills. We offer a safe, secure place for members to practice and hone their shooting skills while ensuring the safety and peace of mind of the members of the local community.
In the Community
The EOC’s focus is not limited to promoting the utilization, enjoyment, and conservation of our great outdoors. It also believes in being involved with and giving back to the community. Some, but not all, of the ways it does that are:
- For the past 43 years, we’ve hosted the Children’s Annual Christmas Party. A free holiday celebration for the area children; courtesy of the EOC, the Lyle Clough Fund and local retailers
- Offering First Aid, CPR & AED Courses from the American Heart Association for community residents
- Offering Hunter Safety Education Classes for New Hampshire Fish and Game
- Working with Enfield Parks and Rec to provide archery courses for children
- Providing free range access to local law enforcement personnel for qualification and training purposes
- Long time participant and supporter of the Enfield Old Home Days and now our Yard Free; where donated items are then given away free to area residents.
- Offering courses in firearm safety & training, self-defense, and other educational programs
- Awarding an annual scholarship to a Mascoma High School senior looking to further their education in the fields of Law Enforcement or Wildlife Management.
- Brass recycling program
Granite State Sharp Shooters
Enfield Outing Club is home to the Granite State Sharp Shooters; a competitive, three-position rifle team that focuses on the prone, off hand, and kneeling disciplines. The team, comprised of boys and girls, ranging in age from 12-18 years old, shoots .22 caliber rifles with Olympic style sites and competes with other teams in N.H. and VT. This is a free program to the participant to promote safe and responsible enjoyment of our shooting sports heritage. Please check out the Granite State Sharp Shooters page for more information.
In the Works
Since the EOC was established in 1934, it has been a long-standing, active participant of the Enfield community. From its humble beginnings as a social club and helping establish the community, to its current day activities, it will continue to serve not only its members but its neighbors in the community as well.
As we move forward, we look to incorporate additional programs such as expanded archery, fishing, shooting and self-defense courses; boating, hiking, winter sports outings and much, much more.
Currently undergoing a revitalization, a privacy fence has been constructed for the peace of mind of the community. Planning for landscaping, land management, and clubhouse improvements continue to be made.
How we are Funded
Funding for all projects comes primarily from member dues, supplemented by donations, grants from organizations such as the Friends of NRA, and various fundraising efforts.
The Enfield Outing Club, Inc. is an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
For the most up-to-date information, be sure to follow us on FACEBOOK!